Personality is a term that, refers to individual differences in characteristic patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving. It makes people different from each other. The study of personality focuses on two main broad areas: One is understanding an individual’s differences in particular personality characteristics, such as sociability or irritability, decision-making skills, etc, while. Also the other is understanding how the various parts of a person come together as a whole in a social group or even in private. Personality disorder makes one feel low in society.
Personality disorders are these days seen in people, maybe 1/100 people which is a long-term pattern of behavior and inner experiences that differs significantly from what is expected and is even pretty scary to deal with. Also the pattern of experience and behavior begins in late adolescence or early adulthood and causes distress or problems in the functioning of daily life. But Personality disorder should not be a topic of concern.
It is a mental disorder in which one has a rigid and unhealthy pattern of thinking, functioning, and behaving. This causes significant problems and limitations in their professional as well as personal relationships, social activities, work, and school. Various research suggests that genetics, abuse, and other factors contribute to the development of obsessive-compulsive, narcissistic, or other personality disorders.
Reasons which give birth to personality disorder
- Genetic problems ( mutation)
- Trauma from childhood.
- Abuse ( physical, mental)
Personality disorders are the least understood and recognized of mental disorders although it is seen rarely, people need to understand their gravity of them in order to help the people who suffer from it. It is believed that both genetic development and environment play a very crucial role in the development of personality disorders. personality disorders seem to be linked to a family history of mental illness or even a personal mental trauma which is very common these days.
Symptoms of a person having a personality disorder
- Pervasive distrust and suspicion of others and their motives in everything
- Unjustified belief that others are trying to harm or deceive you without any reason
- Unjustified questions on the loyalty or trustworthiness of others
- Hesitancy to confide in others due to unreasonable fear that others will use the information against you in order to harm one and hold grudges
- Limited range of emotional expression in public
- Inability to take pleasure in most of the common activities
- Inability to pick up normal social things including work and conversation
- Odd perceptual experiences, such as hearing a voice whisper your name and calling one out
- Flat emotions or inappropriate emotional responses with irrational decision-making ability
- Social anxiety and a lack of or discomfort with close relationships even with parents
- Indifferent, inappropriate, or suspicious responses to others
- “Magical thinking” is the fact that by believing they can influence people and events with your thoughts
- Unstable and intense friendships and relationships
- Very often mood swings, often as a reaction to interpersonal stress
- Suicidal behavior or threats of self-injury
- Intense fear of being alone or abandoned
- Believe that one is more important and special than others.
- Fantasies about power, success, and attractiveness
- Failure to recognize others’ needs and feelings
- Avoidance of work activities that require interpersonal contact on a daily basis
- Socially inhibited, timid and isolated, avoiding new activities or meeting strangers and isolating oneself
- Extreme shyness in social situations and personal relationships also
- Fear of disapproval, embarrassment, or uncomfortableness
- Feeling of being Neglected by friends and enjoyable activities because of excessive commitment to work or a project
Get daily updates and trendy news to enhance your knowledge with every topic covered. Including fashion, technology, current affairs, travel news, health-related news, sports news, Business, Political News, and many more.
For more information visit Live News Dekho